Pages

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Adorations -- Khonsu




I adore You, Traveller 1
I adore You, Who Crosses the Sky in a Boat
I adore You, Illuminator of Darkness
I adore You, Lord of Silver
I adore You, Precise Divider of Months
I adore You, Reckoner of Time
I adore You, Divine Son of Amun and Mut
I adore You, Strong Bull
I adore You, He of Karnak and Thebes
I adore You, Decider of the Lifespan 2
I adore You, Granter of Fertility 3
I adore You, Who Wears the Lunar Disc
I adore You, Who Wears the Sidelock (of Youth)
I adore You, Lord of Gladness
I adore You, Lover of Games 4
I adore You, He Who Appeases the Gods
I adore You, Friend and Companion of Djehuti
I adore You, Who Brings us Light
I adore You, Pendulum of Heaven
I adore You, Angry One of the Gods
I adore You, Who Lives on Hearts 5
I adore You, The Driver Away of Evil
I adore You, Who Drives out Disease
I adore You, Expeller of Demons
I adore You, Slayer of Enemies
I adore You, Who Wields a Knife
I adore You, Defender and Protector
I adore You, Lord of Ma'at
I adore You, Heart of Ra
I adore You, Provider 6
I adore You, Helper
I adore You, Navigator
I adore You, Pathfinder
I adore You, Renewed Light
I adore You, Night Wanderer
I adore You, Giver of Oracles
I adore You, Maker of Destinies 
I adore You, Who Knows All Things
I adore You, Merciful and Compassionate One
I adore You, Kind and Friendly
I adore You, Beautiful One at Rest
I adore You, Healer (of ills)
I adore You, Falcon-Headed
I adore You, Mummy-Wrapped
I adore You, Youthful One
I adore You, Wise One
I adore You, Who Came to Greatness
I adore You, Who Gives to Whoever He Desires
I adore You, Great God Amongst the Gods
I adore You, Khonsu.


-- Asterope


Notes:
1 Translation/meaning of his name
2 Translation of his title: Khonsu Heseb-Ahau
3 He was said to cause plants to grow and ripen as well as livestock and women conceive 
4 Games, especially Senet are a pastime of his. He often played with Djehuti
5 From "Cannibal hymn" of the Pyramid Texts
6 Translation of his title: Khonsu Pa-Ir-Seker

Also see HouseofVines, Adoration list post for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment